The Men’s Club is back…and will soon begin meeting again bi-monthly in 2019 on the 2nd Sunday of each month at 4 PM.
Why a Men’s Club?In the early days of tango, the Gauchos (cowboys) developed, executed, and mastered the technique of the dance long before they ever danced with women. We aim to borrow from this tradition by offering the Men’s Club – a relaxed environment where male leads can come and learn from one another ways to improve their tango skill.
What we hope you get from this experience?
– Greater camaraderie with other leads in the Cincinnati community
– A fun and traditional approach to learning tango
– A stress-free environment
– A desire to experiment and play
– Greater love and respect for the dance
What we will do in the Men’s Club?
– We’ll exchange tango technique
– We’ll develop practical strategies to improve our skill
– We’ll enjoy the occasional spirited beverage
– We’ll tap the collective strengths of the group
– We’ll strive to be the best leads we can be.
How will the Men’s Club be different from a class, practica, or a workshop?
– The Men’s Club will be reserved for male leads.
– It’s free
– There’s no designated teacher
– Activities are chosen by the collective
– Experimentation and mistakes are encouraged