The Men’s Club occasionally meets on Sunday afternoons at the Tango del Barrio Studio. The next meeting date is not yet determined. Info | Questions? Contact Marty at:
These leads rock!
Why a Men’s Club?In the early days of tango, the Gauchos (cowboys) developed, executed, and mastered the technique of the dance long before they ever danced with women. We aim to borrow from this tradition by offering the Men’s Club – a relaxed environment where male leads can come and learn from one another ways to improve their tango skill.
What we hope you get from this experience?
– Greater camaraderie with other leads in the Cincinnati community
– A fun and traditional approach to learning tango
– A stress-free environment
– A desire to experiment and play
– Greater love and respect for the dance
What we will do in the Men’s Club?
– We’ll exchange tango technique
– We’ll develop practical strategies to improve our skill
– We’ll enjoy the occasional spirited beverage
– We’ll tap the collective strengths of the group
– We’ll achieve a reputation of being the best tangueros in Ohio
How will the Men’s Club be different from a class, practica, or a workshop?
– The Men’s Club will be reserved for male leads.
– It’s free
– There’s no designated teacher
– Activities are chosen by the collective
– Experimentation and mistakes are encouraged